LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me create a maths quizz

Solved!
Go to solution

Unfortunately, your LabVIEW Instructor appears to not understand the concept of Data Flow, upon which LabVIEW is based.  Your Instructor probably knows C, or Python, or Matlab, where every line of code executes one line after another, with things like If/Then/Else and Case/Switch allowing limited branching and coming back together.

LabVIEW sequences Data Flow primarily by wires.  I realize you want to get a good grade, so you need to use a sequence.  Almost the only use for them before you start writing LabVIEW for an FPGA is to bind a "Timer" (especially the High Resolution Timer) to a particular piece of code -- there's no way to "sequence" this function so that it starts before the code you want to time and another one starts just after the code you are timing except by using a Sequence.

I'll bet most of the functions you are using have Error In and Error Out terminals, excellent for encouraging Data Flow.  Good LabVIEW programming style would say that all (or at least 95%) of the sub-VIs you write should also have Error In and Error Out terminals, and they should be on the lower corners of the VI.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(80 Views)

Everything works well, thank you very much. I wish you a good day and I will keep good memories of this forum.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(79 Views)

That's good to hear. I didn't want to do the work for you but tried to help you along. Plus I don't usually reply to posts but rather let the others provide the feedback. Well I hope you learned some things along the way, like don't leave unwired terminals coming out of event and case structures. I've been programming with LabVIEW for 25 years and sometimes still miss a case or too. 

Oh and you can keep the $10 😉

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(72 Views)

I wish I knew what university is requiring the students to use the sequence structure. I cringed when I heard that. So many bad habits ingrained at very the beginning. On the bright side at least there still are universities teaching LabVIEW. I am a little hopefully that LabVIEW can stick around when I see students asking LabVIEW questions.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(60 Views)

I am in preparatory class in an engineering school (Polytech in France). Next year I will work on a production line in aeronautics and will not use LabVIEW, this course is more for my general knowledge.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(49 Views)

Thanks for the info. Good luck in aeronautics!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(40 Views)