LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required with PID outputs

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi I hope someone can help with this issue. I am trying to control temperature using the PID.vi. I’ve built a small model. The cooling element is from a computer fan and the heat source is a large power resistor. The PID output is feeding into a PWM.vi, which  is being used to drive the cooling fan.Everything works accept when I raise the setpoint (temperature), the output from the PID.vi goes high. The fan kicks on and the temp drops even further. The same happens in reverse, when I drop the setpoint (temp) below the current (process variable) temp the output from the PID should start up the fan instead it justs sets it to zero output.  In short my PID is trying to control a heating control loop when in actual fact I want it to control a cooling fan. How do I go about changing the PID output to reflect this? Any solutions or tips would be greatly appreciated
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,641 Views)
Hi, you need to work out if your process is direct or reverse acting. It sounds like it is reverse acting. You could try negating your gain kc. If that doesn't work post your code so we can take a look for you.
David
www.controlsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,629 Views)
All you need to do is make your proportional gain a negative number.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,628 Views)

Great thanks.

I'll give that a go.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,618 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kendo1010
Did you try negating your gain, kc? Did it solve your problem?
David
www.controlsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,581 Views)