LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Simple C code with Labview

Hi,

I need a simple step by step hints on interfacing C with Labview.

I have LabWindows/CVI 2009, and Labview 2009, and the help is a little confusing.

As an example, I have a simple C code that ask the user to input 2 numbers, and the result is to add the two numbers.

So instead of the prompt, I want to have two controls for the input, then an indicator for the output.

Most importantly, I want to use the C code for the summation, not the LabVIEW.

In summary, I want to know how I can use C source code, and integrate it into my LabVIEW.

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void) {
  int first, second; total;

scanf("%d %d", &first, &second);

total = first + second;

}

This simple C code will take two inputs 'first', 'second', and the sum will be in the variable 'total'.

I am new to LabWindows.

If I have a C source code, can I get a dll using Labwindows, then use the call library function node.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,045 Views)

That code you have isn't DLL code. I don't know how LabWindows does it, but most modern IDEs can create a project based on the target type you want. For example, if you wanta DLL it creates the source file with the appropriate entry points. For instance, this KB article shows a simple DLL's basic code.

This tutorial is a step-by-step on configuring the Call Library Function Node to call a simple DLL.

You can also see the "Call DLL" example that ships with LabVIEW. Open the Example Finder (Help -> Find Examples) and search for "DLL".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,027 Views)