LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding plot areas of Stacked Waveform Chart?

Hi,

is there a way to hide certain plot areas of a stacked waveform chart? Say, I have 8 channels and 8 plot areas, however I decide, that I don't want to see channel #3 anymore (plot area #2). Can I hide it, or the only way is removing this channel from the array I use to feed data into the graph? I have a simple illustration as well. 

stacked.png

I know, that if I have an array with less channels, the easiest way is to have more charts with different numbers of plot areas configured and choose according to array size. However, I have some cases where I want to save a channel, despite not wanting to plot it. Can I do it somehow without using two sets of data (one for saving and a manipulated one for display)?

(3,313 Views)

The Stacked Plots functionality is an editor-only changeable feature unfortunately. So the only way you can change this is if you were to do some VI Scripting before the VI is opened to get rid of any extra plots.

You can take advantage of the Plot Visible property node to hide a plot, but there will always be the same number of stacked plots shown once a VI is run (just one or may might be empty if you set Plot Visible to false).

As far as saving the channels from a plot, you'll have to have a seperate data set, or filter the chart data, in order to save it. How would the chart know which data you want o save and which data you don't?

Stack Plots.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 5
(3,176 Views)

ok, so it seems to be the case

with the saving part: as I'd have a set to save with let's say 8 channels, and I'd display only 7 of it, the data would have all channels included and sent to the graph, however 1 of the channels would be hidden. 

(3,144 Views)

@jeanlucpicard wrote:

with the saving part: as I'd have a set to save with let's say 8 channels, and I'd display only 7 of it, the data would have all channels included and sent to the graph, however 1 of the channels would be hidden. 

That's easy. Use the Active Plot and Plot Visible boolean settings to hide or show plots. If you use the Export Data invoke node, it will export it all. If you want individual plots, you should use the Export Plot invoke node.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,106 Views)

saving is not the problem

the only problem was if there is a way to turn off a row of the stacked plot, which turned out to be impossible (without scripting, which is unavailable in exe)

plot visible only turns off the line, but the empty viewport stays on the indicator (and takes valuable space)

(3,098 Views)