LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hikvision PTZ with labview

When you search in Chinese, there is not much to learn with labview. Samples cannot be downloaded either. I downloaded the Hikvision SDK file, but I don't know how to use these SDKs in labview. If I solve the problem, I guess I will bring something more to the labview community 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(871 Views)

You talk about other programming languages that are so easy to use this camera with and then say you can’t figure out how to access an SDK which shows how to access their hardware with C or .net. Somehow that sounds like a. Contradiction. 

There have been many attempts from people providing such interfaces for various API’s to use different cameras in LabVIEW. They are roughly devided into two categories.

1) Hacks that work for a specific camera, sometimes, in certain versions  and if the moon is just in the right position.

2) Well designed libraries that take lots of time to develop and where the author felt he should get some compensation for his or her work. 

The first linger still somewhere around in the Net but are pretty useless for most purposes. The second died off since 99% of the users feel this is to easy a feat that they would pay for it. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(864 Views)

There are examples made directly in the C++ language. This is what I mean by ease. There are no examples with Labview.
I'm currently trying to follow a path like the one below, but it doesn't work.

GUID-8A38AF76-0052-489F-9A84-C6840745B2E4-high.png

 I'm getting errors and I feel like I'm on the wrong track because nothing I've done according to the examples of using sdk with labview is responding correctly.

constructionworker_0-1651666968951.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(853 Views)

image.png

Have you seen this 1st Google search result?

Since you are not good at calling external code, it might be easier to follow other's post.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(844 Views)

I've looked at the examples here, but what he's talking about here is a different application and he's just trying to connect with it. It's not connecting using the ip address.

constructionworker_1-1651674585449.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(841 Views)