LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I plot measurements with Date Time in absciss ?

Hi everyone,

I would like to plot on a labview graph the resultats of some measures I have made. I have saved the 2 columns (date/Time and measure) in the attached VI. I am not to sure how to make up or to feed the plot so that I get the correct "date time" in absciss. Although there is exactly 1 minute between each row, I would like the plot to really associate each measure to the exact date/time (so that if I some data is missing I will see it on the plot).

Would anybody know if this is possible ?

Thansk a lot,

User

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,212 Views)

Use the Scan from String function with the appropriate format codes to convert the date/time string to an actual timestamp.  From there you can build your arrays into clusters to wire into the XY graph.  The XY graph example in LabVIEW help will show the various ways of combining the data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,208 Views)

Hi

First, thank you for using the NI discussion forum.

Ravens Fan is totally right, you just have to 1. convert your string table into an appropriate format, 2. put the data and time vectors into a cluster, 3. connect the cluster to a XY graph.

However your time table is unusually formatted: a format like “17:03:28,589 31/12/2004” would allow LabVIEW to automatically recognize a time string. Moreover, your time table contains values, which have been put to ‘-255’ (although data and time vector have the same length). So you must replace them by NaN.

An example of building the graph is attached to this post.

I hope this will help, don’t hesitate to ask more questions.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,173 Views)

I agree with Ravens fan and Audy.

Here i have interpretted in other way.... I think this vi will help u

LV 8.0, 8.6, 2011,2012,2013 WinXP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,161 Views)