LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I control the Digital outputs of the usb 6009

I realize that is what he advised but if I knew how to do it I wouldn't be asking.  There are a lot of people that point out what's wrong but give very little information or detail on how to do it right.  My experience with labview is limited, just like everyone else's was at some point.

How do I send data (or read data) to or from another part of the code without using locals or property nodes.  If I use wires it executes by following the wire.  I am using a sequence so it executes in the order that I need it to.  If I send a true to an LED (or a digital output on the 6009) in frame two and then need to send the same LED a False in frame 4, how is this accomplished?  I originally used Local variables because that was how I figured out how to do it, then NI people told me not to use Locals but to use proerty nodes instead.  Now I am being told not to use many of either.  There are a ton of examples, and I have done a lot of searching, but hardly anything tells you what to use for a particular task.  I am more than willing to do the homework but I need to know in what direction to look.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,109 Views)
Here's a subVI that you can use instead of everything that you have in the True cases. It uses references and property nodes (a valid use of them) to update the indicators in the main and note that is does everything without a sequence structure.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,104 Views)
Thank you for the effort, I appreciate it, however, we are using 8.5 right now and can't open your example.  Can it be saved in 8.5 format or do we just have to wait until we get our 2009 installed as we haven't received it yet?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,083 Views)
Sorry. Here is the 8.5 version.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,071 Views)