LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix an historical trend display that displays unwanted lines?

I'm running Labview 8.2 with DSC.  I have shared variables that are logged and attempting to display using the Historical Trend block.  In most cases, I always get a bunch of straight line phantom variables in the graphs.  Sometimes nothing at all is displayed, just a black screen.  Some of the variables are trending but it is hard to see becuase of the phantom lines.

My hardware is cFP with a real-time controller, however, I am excecuting the Historical Trend on MyComputer.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,696 Views)
How many variables are you trying to display? 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,686 Views)
I've tried to display as many 10 for one graph.  I still have phantom lines when trying to display only one variable (the number of phantom lines is approx 4 in this case).  When I pan forward in time ahead of the present, the line continue.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,678 Views)

Can you take a screenshot of this, or even a photograph of the screen?  Are the lines horizontal?  I have seen something like long horizontal lines.  Scrolling left or right and coming back seems to make the screen redraw correctly.  It hasn't happened often enough or been so much of a problem for me to investigate that further.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,674 Views)
I think it is a database problem.  I looked a variable in the Shared Variable Monitor and noticed that the time stamps were random.  Suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,622 Views)