LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide error in or error out Controls?

Solved!
Go to solution

In LabVIEW 2009, I can't seem to hide the error in or error out controls on the Fron Panel. If I select one of the controls and right click, I get the Function pallete instead on the popup menu.

I know that i might be able to hide the controls by using the Visible property, but I don't want to do that, if possible.

How do I get the pop up menu by reight clicking error in or error out controls?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,397 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbaechtel

Right click on the terminal for the control in the block diagram and pick Hide Control.

Why do you want to hide the error control?  In general, you don't want to hide controls or indicators on the front panel, (exceptions are if you are doing it as part of your program).

Usually, you only see the error control or indicator on a VI that is intended to be used as a subVI, in which case the front panel isn't shown during normal operation.

Message 2 of 5
(3,391 Views)

Right click on the control or indicator border.  Select Advanced - Hide Control/Indicator.  To unhide, go to the block diagram and find the control/indicator.  Right click and select Show Control.Indicator.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,384 Views)

It sounds like you may be "right clicking" inside the border of the Error IN/OUT control/indicator, that is the only way that I can reproduce what you describe. If I click carefully on the border I get, the menu instead. Can't you put them "off to the side" out of the displayed area. Otherwise you can go the their representation on the block diagram and "hide control". Painting transparent doesn't work too well, hard to get rid of some parts, also if you do want to see them at a later date it is a pain. Using a property node on the diagram would allow you to programmatically make them visible or not.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,378 Views)

If you are getting the Functions palette, you are on the block diagram and not clicking on the terminal. If you are getting the Controls palette, you are on the front panel and not clicking on the control/indicator. When you correctly right click on a control/indicator on the front panel, you can go to the Advanced option to hide the control.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,370 Views)