LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design a front panel vector indicator (display)

Here is a version for 8.5. I will have to figure out how to change the needle size for wind speed.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(965 Views)

Ah, OK thanks. I was wondering if you had a cunning way of changing the needle size.

I guess careful use of the height and width proerty nodes might work, but that sounds like a bit of a nightmare!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(961 Views)

This VI might get us going, I am busting my head trying to calibrate the circle and the needed.

I need help

It is saved in previous 8.5 version

Infodeck

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(946 Views)

Hmmm, you would have to come up with a way to put increments on the picture to calibrate the circle.

I still think that using an existing graph from LabVIEW would be easier. Have a look at the attached where I've compared a polar graph with an xy graph. Both can easily be made to look more elaborate, this is just a quick example.

They do the same thing, but I think my preference lies with the XY just because of the sheer range of options for customising.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(937 Views)

Thanks very much, I will play around with all the options.

Infodeck1

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(931 Views)

Just a thought... if you want to stick with the code that you posted above, one way to calibrate the circle is to add the colour ramp to the windspeed and add matching circles to your picture.

See the attached (I took the liberty of tidying it up a little so I could see what was going on, and also removed the mathscript node)

Plenty of options to choose from - Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(926 Views)

Thanks Ian, You have been very helpful

Infodeck1

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(923 Views)

Thanks everyone. I would work on all the options

Infodeck1

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(921 Views)

Hi folks.

Many nice tries doing the wind vector. Please note that wind vectors are degrees clockwise from North.

I have attached a zip of a (modified) version (of a previous try) that now works.

Also, I back-ported to LV 8.5.

Enjoy.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(781 Views)