LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate two output by two different Serial Number using same Setting file?

Hi guys,

Does anyone had example on generating two different output by two different Serial Number using same Setting file?Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,088 Views)

... hm, scratching my head, what is the poster asking us?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,082 Views)

Give some example?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,076 Views)

Are you talking about a configuration file?  What are the outputs?  You need to be a lot more clear and precise about what you want.  And examples of what you want help a lot too.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,063 Views)

hi guy,

Wish to get some LV example which can check the DUT S/N Eg "001" and it will refer to ini / Configuration file S/N= "001"  and perform "A" job and if 2nd DUT S/N Eg "002" it will do "B" job.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,037 Views)
Basing anything off of a serial number would seem to be a singularly bad idea. Serial numbers are infinite and should be unique for each DUT. Are you planning to edit the ini file each and every time before a test? Surely there's something else. A separate part number or a specific field in the serial number. You need to explain the details of your serial number scheme and why you think your approach wil work.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,031 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Yes, there will be a specific field related to last 3 number Eg A01 indicate to perform Job A and Eg B02 to perfrom Job B inside the fixed configuration file. Forget to mention these specific field Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,014 Views)

Hi John,

whenever you need to do a repetetive task you should think of using loops and (autoindexing) arrays...

You have to create a function to search your ini file for relevant information based on your serial (whatever) number. Now just call that function in a loop providing several numbers as input array!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,005 Views)
So, here and in your previous post, were you deliberately misleading when you mentioned serial number? How many people wasted their time trying to understand what you were talking about?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,992 Views)

Hi guys,

i still figuring how to use auto indexing arrays, there are no much examples found because i had use LV8.5 to work on.

Here is my example which i will like to link to some configurration ini file whereby the specific field were be indicated inside the ini file to differentiate the output result 1 or 2. Hope i explain well. I am appreciate if there are any recommend and advise to improve this code

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,972 Views)