LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import WSDL file into LabView 8.6?

Sorry for not replying. I have a couple questions. Is the hardware, to which you are communicating, connected to the computer that is hosting the Web Service? Or are you trying to communicate with hardware that is connected to a different computer than the one with the drivers, software or web service?

I guess I would like you to clarify all of the computers involved and what their roles are in what you are trying to accomplish, as well as their NI software involved.

If you have already been able to resolve this in the time since your last post, could you please state what you had to do to resolve this?

Thanks,

Vince M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(2,727 Views)

Thanks for asking.  No, I still got stuck at the point in which after using another computer as a host, I can be able to build WSDL file into LabView components, but I still cannot communicate/control our device.  Anyway, our device always connects to the company network and at any where in our net work, we can use any computer to control the device as long as entering the right address of the device (10.2.2...) into the special program called programmer services (At this time I am using my computer and that program to control it, but could not make it using LabView.

Thanks,

Viet   

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(2,718 Views)
I am also planning to use my computer as Web host to use that file.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(2,716 Views)

Hi wwwu,

Can you provide us with the code that you are using to communicate with the service?

thanks

FLash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(2,693 Views)

Here is the file.

Thanks,

Viet

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(2,686 Views)

Have you already followed a simple example to see that this works? We have tutorials to test the workings. One is listed with the LabVIEW Help. Can you test this and verify that this works?

Example: Building a Web Service (Windows)

If it works, try it again with a little more complicated VI that controls hardware. If that works, is it possible to modify your application to control this way rather than through a wsdl file?

Vince M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(2,664 Views)

I followed step by step in the example, but it showed "Page not found" when I enter http://localhost/mywebservice/add/2/3 into web browser.

Viet

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(2,643 Views)

Here are all steps I had done.  Please check the attachment.

Thanks,

Viet

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(2,641 Views)

Hello Viet,

The connector pane is not connected to any inputs or outputs. It will not work if these are not connected. Please try that again with the connector pane connected and let me know if that works.

Vince M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(2,614 Views)
Hi Vince, Your comment is "The connector pane is not connected to any inputs or outputs." I don't totally understand what you mean. Please tell me more about that so I can know where the connector pane is. Plus, I built add.vi and ran it in LabView with no problem. Thanks, Viet
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(2,610 Views)