LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass references for XYGraphs to report subVi's w/o showing subVi?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working a clients application and he had the XYgraphics on the frront panel. I am working to modularize the program some to manage the code space better. I am currently passing the XYGraphs (2) to the subVI to add the graphic display to my reports. I must of course set the subVI to show during execution, so that the temp graph bmp that is used for the graphic handle is created and is passed to the excel or other report tool. So my question, is there a way to pass the XYGraph references that I can use directly for the report (e.g. main application XYGraph temp bmp file, instead of the copy in the subVI? This removes this window from the display during report generation. Ideas appreciated?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,395 Views)

Hi!

You can create a control reference by right-clicking on its terminal (in the block diagram) then selecting Create->Reference.

The reference can then be passed to a subvi.

Regards,

Marco

p.s. are you sure you need to show the front panel of the subvi if you want to add the graph to the report? are you using the report toolkit?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,380 Views)

Thanks for the input, but I did try passing the references to the graphs. I tried passing as individual references and as an array of 2 references as one suggestion I was given. I got a graph, but all the settings, scales etc were all wrong. I found without showing the subVI I could pass the XYGraph reference to the excel report tool to insert the gra[ph without showing. I am working to replace exceland the report generator with Simplicity AI and make PDF reports. It's Insert Graph function must have the subVI shown to create the XY Graph Temp bmp file. Without the subVI display the reference does not pass to the Simplicity AI insert graph properly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,361 Views)

PLease give a look at the attached example (LV2011).

I'm passing the chart reference to the subvi and I obtain successfully its image.

Is it working for you?

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SunshineDesign

I finally found the subVI feature to make the SubVI transparent, so I could show it to get the graph temp bmp file for the report, yet the user does not see it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,322 Views)