LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ramp voltage up, let it be steady for a while and ramp down and add sinusoidal on top of ramp

I am doing a project and I am asked to ramp voltage up, let it be steady for a while and ramp down add sinusoidal on top of ramp. I need some help since i m a beginner.

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,409 Views)

First you need to make yourself clear about the requirement. Ask questions like

Ramp voltage up

• At what rate it has to be ramped?
  • What is the starting and Endpoint?

How long it has to be kept steady?

Add sinusoidal on top of ramp

• You just need the sine wave in the pattern of ramp or a ramp signal also has to be generated seperately?
  • what is the amplitude and the number of samples the sine wave has to have?
  • At what rate the ramp should be applied to the sine wave?

Since I haven't tried keeping sine wave on top of ramp I have made a quick example for your reference.

sine on top of ramp.png

Good luck

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,392 Views)

Thanks for your  response P@Anand:

And ur right that i have to be more specific about my project.

What I am trying to do is make a ramp with starting at 0 and at 5 voltage. The ramp up period will be for 30 sec and steady state is about 5-6 minutes and then ramp down period will be 30 sec too. 

The ramp signal will remain there but the sine wave will follow the ramp path. (sine wave will be on top of ramp.)

Sine wave will have variable  frequency and amplitude will be around 5 voltage.

The same rate at which ramp is  built can be used for the sine wave too.

This signal needs to be send to a analog stimulus isolator through BNC cable.

Please see the image below:

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,362 Views)

I used one example(that is attached below) but couldn't figureout a way to add sine wave on top of the ramp.

Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,305 Views)

I made the sine wave ramp up but got stucked in holding it for 5-6 minutes and ramp it down again.

Please see the attached VI file made in LabVIEW and give me your valuable suggestion or help regarding this matter.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,267 Views)

Hi, 

find attached a "Test-sweep"  ....

I have cutted  the original vi and put your formula inside....    

It is for sure not ready to use - needs "some adjustment"; but should give you a playground  for improvement.

Sweep-Values are concatenated from three parts UP - HIGH - DOWN.   It gives the possibility to ramp-up and  -down with different values.  The resulting  "DC-values"  then get an Offset from your Formula.

Play first with different Sin_Amplitude  and use the  "single/append"- Button close to "STOP" in order to see, how it works.   I have stored on default Graph   three different Amplitudes ( 0,2V black ;  0,5V red ; 1V blue )

the vi is converted down to LV8.2  - hope all sub.vi's are  included ....   have fun

Begards

wha

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,245 Views)

probably a crude way of doing this....ramp.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,223 Views)

Thanks Wha_x

Can I generate this signal from labview using DAQ card and BNC cable. If so can you tell me how? I need signal like this to be send through analog stimulus isolator.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,162 Views)

Thanks, apok,

Which version are you using for this?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,129 Views)

Hello friends,

I some how tried to ramp up a sine wave but I am struggling to hold it to be plateau( straight) for about 5-6 minutes and ramp it down. Please find my file below and help me!!

The ramp up time and ramp down should be 30 sec.

PLEASE HELP!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,078 Views)