LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show information when user drag mouse over an object?

Hello

Is it possible to show text when the user moves the mouse over certain objects? And if it is possible to implement in labview, how is it done?

-Mari
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,635 Views)
Well, your question is not very specific, so here are a few possible answers.

(A) If you are talking about "tip strips", the small text boxes that might appear if you hover over an object, do the following:
Right-click on the desired FP object and select "Description and tip...". Whatever you type into the "Tip" Field will apear as a tip strip when hovering.
(Make sure that you have tips enabled in the LabVIEW options for the front panel (enabled by default)).

(B) If you want to be more fancy and for example update the content of a text box when the mouse moves over certain objects, use an event structure with appropriate mouse enter/mouse leave events and then do whatever you want when they happen. 😉

Message 2 of 7
(6,630 Views)
Thank you very much. I went for solution A). That was exactly what I was looking for Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,623 Views)
Hello Mari,

you can combine solutions a and b from altenbach: there's a property 'tip text' for controls, so you can change the text shown at runtime and leave the display handling up to LV...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 7
(6,608 Views)

hi altenbach

iam new user to Labwindows..

i want to know how to make a listbox item to be displayed when i

move ouse over it

waiting for your reply

regds

SKS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,538 Views)

@SKS wrote:
iam new user to Labwindows..

I only know LabVIEW.

For Labwindows questions, you should ask over in the labwindows forum: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=180

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,533 Views)

thanks for the info. It gave me the answer I was looking for.

Message 7 of 7
(5,795 Views)