LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload a template in sharepoint and send notification through labview?

Hi,

i am trying to make a form in LabView and want to send notification through labview if possible and upload it on sharepoint site. Can it be done?

I am attaching the vi. in this i have few questions?

In front panel if you click STANDARD there will be several options through which we can choose from. For every  option which is clicked by user i need to get a pop up box in which there will be options which user want to choose. example if user select A then pop up box pops out and there will be 5 things in which he need to tick depending on what he wants. I tried to make case for each options but could not understand how to do it.

And

How to make Submit, Exit, preview order buttons?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,342 Views)

Hello Hnagpal,

I just wanted to clarify the question first. Are you basically wanting to create a LabVIEW VI that you can upload to a Microsoft SharePoint site, and then have users who go to the SharePoint site run this VI directly from the site, and essentially see the front panel on SharePoint site? If this is the case, I don't believe this currently supported in LabVIEW. There may be a way to do it by creating a web service with your VI first, and then using this web service file in conjunction with sharepoint, but that may be tricky to get working.

As for making case structures, the case structure you have in your VI will only run once (you need to put it in a while loop if you want the functionality of having it update when the user changes their selection). The case structure will choose the case that is selected when the user first runs the VI. You also need to put the code you want to run for each case inside the respective cases of the structure (I assume this was your next step since there is currently nothing inside the case structure).

To make various buttons, you can go to the front panel, right click and go to "modern" then "boolean" and put and "ok button" on your front panel. You can then change the name of the button to whatever you want and edit the text it displays (like Submit, Exit, or Preview). I hope this helps!

-Nathan H

Software Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,321 Views)

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for replying. For now (it is for internal office use) i am trying to make .exe file when some one will open it they can fill the form and then report will be generated and report will be loaded on sharepoint.

In the case structure i put subvi. And in customize setting i made it to appear as dialog. But what is happening now as soon as i open vi it shows me front pannel of subvi and when i run the main vi first front pannel of subvi comes and run then i have to cancel that and go to main vi. When i click G$-409 in which sub vi is present it does not run it. 

i want if i click gr-409 then sub vi runs and user should enter the choice and when they press ok it should go back to main vi saving all the entries made in sub vi and when report will generate it should include choices of subvi also. Can you suggest me wu=ith the problem i am currently facing on.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,307 Views)

I forgot to attach vi's

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,305 Views)

Hey Hnagpal,

Your dialog is running when the VI starts because there is no flow control in the program that prevents it from running or allowing it to wait until the user presses a button. Currently, whenever you run this VI, it will run the case structure that is default in the "standard" box. To understand how to program with dialog boxes and create a better user interface, open up example finder (help»find examples...), and then open Building User Interfaces»Designing Dialog Boxes»Dialog Box Demo.vi. Follow the programming format of this VI to achieve the dialog box behavior you are wanting. 

You can definitely save data to text or word files (if you wanted to create a report/form from the user selected data); however, uploading it to sharepoint is something you may have to ask on a Microsoft forum. The Write to Text File.vi in example finder might be a good place to start for writing data to a file (just replace the numeric data with the data created by the user). I hope this helps!

-Nathan H

Software Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,285 Views)