LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Transition Measurement vi

I was successfully using the Transition Measurement vi in LabVIEW 20 with no issues until my data input started at a high point rather than a low one. How can I use this vi to acquire the precise location of the rising edge shown here? I tried adjusting my reference values but could not get that to work.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 142821.png

SuperFastSquirrel_0-1714156553473.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(156 Views)

It looks like you just left all your ref levels at the default which is low = 10% and high = 90%.  Change them to something WITHIN your waveform.  You could try staying with percentage and lowering the range to 70% and 30%.  Or, switch to absolute at 0.8 and 0.2.

Check out the example Pulse and Transition Measurements to play around with these parameters...

Edit:  I did see that you tried changing the refs, but you didn't say how.  Absolute and percentage make a BIG difference.  If you change the example to a high level of 100% you will throw the same error you are seeing.  You need to tweak the parms until you get your desired result.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(151 Views)

Could you capture the waveform using the negative trigger such that it moves to a point below your 10% range?  This way the waveform would always start at the low end then transition high.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(134 Views)