LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper terminal Launching from labview

Dennis and Marc , Thank you for the advises. I am attaching a screen shot of the running VI. I have added on my VI the Write Function, Termination Char Control. I also made the String Control in Code Display. I ran this VI and log "c?<CR> on the String Control, but it looks it is ignoring my command. Normally if I log "c?" it should answer back like c: 180, this is the azimuth value. But it now shows a complete NMEA sentence data. I have placed <CR> as per instruction on the manual (pages 3 to 5).
Kindly teach me what I am missing. Thanks a lot.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(2,839 Views)

Hi Dennis and Marc,

Its now workingSmiley Happy. The Basic Serial Write and Read shipped with 8.2 was a good example for me. I can now communicate to the sensor directly. Thank you very much for the lots of advises. Please ignore my earlier post.

Bong

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(2,838 Views)

Marc A, can you give me the vi?

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(2,308 Views)

I programmed an easy terminal programm already, if you want, you can download them here:

http://www.labviewtutorial.eu/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=133

Eugen

Message 14 of 33
(2,304 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(2,042 Views)

Hi,

In Hyper Terminal you can insert a delay after each char xmitted. This is avail from File->Properties->Settings->ASCII Setup and then insert the mS at the char delay box. How can I do it in Labview? I have tried the various Timing functions and scoping the xmit line I do not see the forced delay in the stream.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(1,095 Views)

You have to code it yourself. An example is here.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,093 Views)

Hi Dennis

I am facing with simple problem, please suggest me .

I want to achive the connection between a "VI" as server and the "HYPERTERMINAL" as client  for TCP/IP communication. I am not able to connect hyperterminal to VI server. can any point out on wht i need to concentrate.

But I can do connection btwn 2 VI's acting as server and client. All kinds of suggestions are appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(860 Views)
Why hyperterminal? The tcp/ip or VISA functions will work. Have you tried any of the shipping examples?
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(857 Views)

Thanks for the response

Actually my application demands this....

I need to aquire the data from microcontroller to my server VI.This has to be done using TCP/IP communication using GPRS .

My AT+usoco=2,"IP ADDRESS",PORT NUMBER, command is not working. its giving error.

can u plz suggest where i am going wrong or any other way i can go with,to achieve my application???Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(852 Views)