LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to proof that my measured signal is identical with my actual signal.

Hi, I transport the idea for my problem. (Look Sawtooth_MODCA_V2.vi).

(1) Why we have the division and reminder VI? What is the idea behind that?

(2) The upper and lower Range working well, now I want to set for my problem this range. I am not understanding how u implement that. Could u explain me?

I think after i have my solution! Thank u very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(145 Views)

Oops misread the question.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(129 Views)

@medum wrote:

Could u explain me, the block diagram.

And why I need Gaussian Noide SD?

I said it is a "simulations"! We generate the correct signal, then add noise to simulate a signal that has small errors, then we compare the two. Gaussian noise is typical for random errors, but if you know more about the source of errors, you can add any other kind of noise you like. For example using the "dice" go generate an equal distribution is typical not very natural.

(Note that the gaussian noise tool is a bit overkill, to generate only one or two noise points. You could make two random(0..1), you could implement the Box-Muller transform .

For anyone familiar with LabVIEW, there isn't really much to explain. The left part generates a clean sawtooth signal and two limits at +1 and -1, and adds noise to simulate a noisy signal, then does a range check to see if the noisy signal is withing the real signal ±1. It counts how often that occurs, and since we know the number of iteration, we can calculate the percentage. Nothing more to it! The chart shows the noisy signal and the two limits.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(96 Views)

@medum wrote:

(1) Why we have the division and reminder VI? What is the idea behind that?

(2) The upper and lower Range working well, now I want to set for my problem this range. I am not understanding how u implement that. Could u explain me?

I think after i have my solution! Thank u very much!!

Your code makes absolutely no sense! And you should think first, then attach, not the other way around.

• The Q&R is used to simulate a sawtooth signal and you would need to scale it correctly in amplitude, frequency, and time before you can compare it to your simulated signal.
  • All your controls still default to zeroes. You need to set reasonable defaults else we cannot tell what you are using! (Fill values, select all the control, menu...edit...make selected values default, save)
  • Your express VI still generates 100 point at a time, but you are throwing away 99%, keeping only one point! Most likely this will give you a sawtooth at an alias frequency (even potentially a flat line!) that has nothing to do with your inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(95 Views)

"How would I apply this example? If I have a reference array and a real-time signal, and the reference array represents my boundaries, meaning it corresponds to my upper and lower limits. What would such a VI look like? Can I simply connect my reference array to the range VI?" It´s possible? 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(48 Views)