LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx Timeout error 0xBFF6901B

I have two of the same model camera connected by USB to a PC using NI Vision software. In the application NI MAX, I get the timeout error 0xBFF6901B from only one of the cameras consistently. It is always the same camera. I've tried using a new camera with the same model number but get the same error. A very similar camera from the same manufacturer doesn't receive this timeout error. Is there anything else I can try in order to fix the timeout error?

I'm using LabVIEW 2017 SP1 32-bit for my program and have NI MAX 19.5 installed.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(632 Views)

When you get an error and you are working with a computer and a "program", the error is either "Hardware", "Software", or "Humanware" (also known as "You just don't get it!").

Hardware:  what Hardware (camera, supporting hardware for camera) are you using?  You don't mention this -- maybe it is something that doesn't work with NI software.  We can't "guess" what you are using -- you have to tell us.  We know there are two different cameras, one works, the other doesn't.  That might be a clue, but we can't help you if you don't tell us more.

Software:  You don't mention any software except for NI MAX.  You also say that you have one version of LabVIEW and are using a "future" version of MAX.  You say nothing about the IMAQdx (or maybe IMAQ) drivers installed.  Do you want us to "guess" what you have on your system?

Going back to Hardware -- what about cabling?  Could you have a bad cable?

Are there any colleagues/students/professors around whom you could convince to come and "take a look" at your setup?  And ask questions while looking at it?  And get you to provide "useful information"?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(585 Views)