LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx attribute out of range error

We have a test system up and running with a Balluff BVS-CA industrial camera. This camera is already obsolete so we bough a new one also sold by Balluff and advertised as fully compatible (Matrix vision mvBlueFOX-2124aC).

We replaced the BVS-CA with the new one and started our app. If we want to take a full sized (4096x3008) picture then new camera works just fine. If we need the subset of the full sized image (so image size and offset values are changed) then the IMAQdx driver returned an "attribute out of range" error.

The error is reproducible in MAX:

1984_0-1714383497920.png

This message is somewhat confusing as the "mv Blockscan Lines Per Block" is 2008 which is the upper limit of the parameter (which is calculated, not entered by us).

1984_1-1714383876574.png

If I select the old BVS-CA camera from the menu (which I assume loads the previously saved parameters of the BVS-CA) then the Matrix Vision cam works just fine, although the parameter values look exactly the same including the "mv Blockscan Lines Per Block"

I'm certainly not an expert in the cameras, so I'm a bit lost.

All ideas are welcome.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(122 Views)
Is it possible that you activated Block Scan Mode for the new camera and it was disabled for the old one? Can you explain what Block Mode is and what you need that for? Because your out of range error would go away if you disable Block Mode.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(82 Views)

I have no idea what is the blockscan mode, we just used the cameras with their factory settings. The exeptions are that we control some of their digital lines and sometimes we set the offset and size parameters.

I solved the problem by overwriting the icd file of the matrix camera with the icd file of the bvs-ca. After this I have not seen the popup error message in MAX and our program just worked fine. I've noticed that the AcquisitionAttributes::AdvancedGenicam::IgnoreCameraValidationErrors parameter of the bvs-ca was set to true while on the matrix it was false. I assume that setting this parameter to true causing the error message to disappear altough I could not test it.

Our problem is solved, but the root cause is unknown which bothers me quite a bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(69 Views)

Since you have a very specific error, you could check the documentation about Block Mode and contact the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(58 Views)