cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx icons missed in labview after installation

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi,

I downloaded Jan.2017 VAS for my Labview 2013. The IMAQ and IMAQdx are installed and shown in package manager:
HG002_0-1613627958976.png

However, when I opened labview, nothing was shown in IMAQdx:
HG002_1-1613627958980.png

I've tried uninstalling and installing again, but the problem is still there. May I get your advice to resolve it? Thank you very much!!! 

Btw, do I have to purchase a VAS licence for using IMAQdx?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,482 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HG002

It absolutely sounds like a Licensing Issue.

I've been using VDM and VAS for about a decade.  About 5 years ago, after installing the latest version of LabVIEW, I opened it, opened an existing Project that used LabVIEW Vision, and found that most of the IMAQdx functions were missing!  Yet I'd installed VDM and VAS.  I called Tech Support, and they said "Check the License Manager".  When I did, I noticed that one of the Licenses had not been activated.  I entered my serial number, hit "Activate", and there were my icons!  I'm pleased to say I haven't made that mistake again ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,433 Views)

Oh, yeah! I do have a licence issue.

My labview was bought by previous colleagues. They somehow did not activate it and the installation CD is missing. Interestingly, the evaluation version still has 4000 plus days before expire. I feel that the software must be somehow half-way activated and there must be a way to be fully activated according to its long evaluation days. But I just couldn't find a way. Do you happen to have any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,430 Views)

There are two:

• Purchase a license (almost guaranteed to work).
  • Call NI, explain your predicament.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,418 Views)

Got it. Thanks for help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,410 Views)