cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image processing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hallo,

I am using the IMAQ color BCG lookup to process some RGB images. Does someone know the range of the brightness, contrast, gamma of a RGB image?

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,969 Views)

Check the help topic.  Right-click the VI and select Help.  

These values will be relative to the current pixel they're being applied to.  Brightness is the x-intercept of a transfer function and accepts between 0 and 256 with 128 being neutral (no effect).  Contrast is the slope so it can go between 0 and 90 (45 is no effect).  Gamma is a little weird due to the way the human eye percieves contrast between light and dark but generally 1 is neutral and 0 and 2 are the extremes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction

Why don't you just display your image in a loop and make all 9 variable controlled by sliders?  Then you can play around with different images and see what each control does and how it interacts with all the other controls.  Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 2 of 5
(2,934 Views)

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

I have solved the problem.:)

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,916 Views)

If you have "solved the Problem", how about giving back to the Community by posting your "Solution" and marking it as the Solution?  This lets someone else with the same question find your Solution to their problem.

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 5
(2,904 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TUDarmstadtLLX

Hello Bob,

I have used the vision module from LabVIEW to solve this problem. With This VI from LabVIEW  I can control the BCG parameters of the RGB image.

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,881 Views)