LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Data from NI Teststand, plotting a waveform graph in realtime, then displaying the changing graph in a new window

Hello. 

I have a NI Teststand sequence which updates fileglobals values (consisting of numbers and array of numbers). I have a custom module which logs all the values in a CSV format. However, in addition to logging, I wish to plot these fileglobals values in realtime with a waveform graph, where x is the time and y is the parameters values. Is it possible to do this?

Currently, the logging and reading of data are in new threads, so I am thinking of having another new thread to call this module to do the above. Any tips?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(341 Views)

Hello , @ Programming_beginner As of my Knowledge i read your question and i just give my opinion on your post please tell me if you like my answer thank you , 

Indeed, it is feasible to plot fileglobals values progressively with a waveform chart in NI TestStand. Here are a few hints to accomplish this:

You can make a custom UI (UI) device in TestStand that incorporates a waveform diagram to show the continuous information. The UI device can constantly peruse the fileglobals values and update the waveform diagram as needs be.

To accomplish ongoing refreshing of the waveform chart, you can involve coordinated circles in your TestStand succession. Coordinated circles permit you to execute specific strides at normal spans, which can be utilized to refresh the diagram with new information.

Since the logging and perusing of information are in discrete strings, you want to guarantee appropriate synchronization between these strings and the string liable for refreshing the waveform chart. TestStand gives synchronization components like semaphores and lines to assist with this.

Guarantee that your custom module for logging and plotting information is string protected to keep away from any information defilement or clashes when different strings access shared information.

Constant plotting might influence the exhibition of your TestStand succession, particularly in the event that there are regular updates. Be aware of the update rate and its effect on the general execution season of the arrangement.

By carrying out these tips, you can successfully plot fileglobals values progressively with a waveform diagram in NI TestStand and envision the information as it changes during the execution of your grouping.

I hope you like my opinion on this i always try to give my best Thank you .

Best Regards, 

[ James K. Byrd ]

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(284 Views)