LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impulse Response Function PtByPt (Not in Base Package)

I have an array of points which I want to find the impulse response of. Can someone please tell me what this means:

- stimulus signal x is a time-domain signal, usually the network stimulus.

- response signal y is a time-domain signal, usually the network response.

The vi is called the Impulse Response Function PtByPt. Where would i enter my array if i want to use this vi? Is there a better way to calculate th impulse response?
Please let me know soon..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,602 Views)
First, the "PtByPt" means that it works on one datapoint at a time. The data is builtup internally into an array that will be processed--sort of like the running average example but with an impulse response operation instead of a simple mean.

Second, the stimulus is the signal going into the network for which you are trying to measure the impluse response. The response signal is the data coming out of the network. The basic idea is that the algorithm calculates the networks impulse response by comparing what went into it with what came out of it.

The only difference I might make is that it sounds like you already have all your data in array form. If that is the case, you might want to make use of the non-PtByPt version of the function.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,602 Views)

I couldn't find the non-PtByPt version of the Impulse Response Function. Here, I have only the PtbyPt.

I have the same problem, two signals (two arrays), the system input and output, and I want to find the impulse response. is there any other way?

Frederico

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,153 Views)