LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a mixed signal graph, how do I read the interpolated Y-Positions for a multiplot Cursor?

Hi.

I have a mixed signal graph with a multiplot cursor, I need to read the Y values from all the plots, but the property node Cursor.Pos.Y only returns one value, the non interpolated, how do I get the rest of them? 

.20033i583D59BCE6A0CABB

20035iA6D0D7EAC263D7F0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,445 Views)

Hi!

To get the y-values of the other Plots change the "Cursor" -> "Cursor.Plot" property and then read the Cursor.PosY value.

20077i3B2EA1D00B12E2A3

Greets CtheR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,423 Views)

Thanks, CtheR.

I tried that, but it doesn't work, it always returns the same value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,412 Views)

Hmmm....

can you post sample code?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,402 Views)

Hi again.

I isolated a mixed signal graph with some sample data: 5 plots in 1 plot area.

I added a multiplot cursor and changed its properties to "Snap to all plots".

The legend cursor shows the Y value for all the plots, still the property node returns the first non-interpolated value.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,395 Views)

Ah ok.

You mixed up two different properties.

You've chosen "Mixed Signal Graph"->"property node"->"active plot"

but you have to use "Mixed Signal Graph"->"property node"->"cursor"->"cursor plot"

(Picture in my first post)

This will work.

Greets CtheR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,389 Views)

Not really.

That property moves the cursor to the nearest data point of the selected plot, but I need the inteporlated values of the non selected plots.

I guess I'll have to interpolate by my own, I just thought that if those values where there, there should be a way to retrieve them.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,380 Views)

Graph1 -> move to position 1 -> read X value -> change Cursor.Plot to graph2 -> return cursor to the formerly read X value -> read interpolated y value of graph2

that's how I'd try it...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,370 Views)

Ok, about the interpolation. I think it does not interpolate anything.

Plus: the jumping of the cursor seems to be related to the different starting times of the signals.

I've changed your VI a little, please tell me what you think. I'm very interested.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,364 Views)

I have to clearify:

by "I think it does not interpolate anything" I mean, that you cannot get the interpolated values shown in the cursor list.

So...if setting the graphs to the same t0 and dt may not be possible in your case...it comes down to interpolating yourself, as you said.

Bye CtheR

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,357 Views)