LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicators

To All,

Let say I have an indicator showing its status in one part of the controller. If I want to show the same indicator in another part of the controller, is there a way I could link them, or show the same indicator in different places?

Thank you,

Cosmica

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,420 Views)
What exactly do you mean? What is a 'controller'? Are you talking about a front panel? What kind of different places are you talking about? Different tabs?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,405 Views)

Dennis,

I am sorry, yes I meant a panel with different tabs. And, I just created another indicator, and connected to the initial declared indicator. Is that a good method? or should I keep trying something else?

Thank you,

Cosmica

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,397 Views)
You can use the same indicator on different tabs. First, drag the indicator off the tab where it is now. Then, select the indicator and move it with the arrow buttons on the keyboard. When it is over the tab, you will see a black background around the indicator. This backgorund will disappear when the VI is run. Note that the indicator will appear over all tabs and in the same position. If you have multiple tabs or want the indicator to be in a different position on each tab, then what you've done is fine.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,391 Views)

Thank you for your help Dennis!!

-Cosmica

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,385 Views)