LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

??? Insert the "NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1"

Solved!
Go to solution

OK Everyone,  I'm "Dead in the water" when Launching LabVIEW 2014 SP1 after a long night of installing updates from Developer Suite 2014 DS2 SRL to 2015 DS1 SRL

WTFOver.PNG

A forum search turned up this old thread

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-1334-in-LabVIEW-Run-Time-Engine-7-1-1-setup-when-launching/td-...

from 2008

NOTE: at least its looking for a CD ROM not a floppy!

Spoiler
OH When will the USB drives ship?

ANY tips.... seriously- I am not able to sling a useful, (Billable) wire right now.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(8,005 Views)

Jeff,

I know it's not funny but my first thought was that your time machine chain slipped off its sprocket!  7.1.1?

Lynn

Message 2 of 21
(7,991 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Jeff,

I know it's not funny but my first thought was that your time machine chain slipped off its sprocket!  7.1.1?

Lynn

For some reason it's always 7.1.1, it must have been a good version for LabVIEW

From my experience, this happens when you have a lot of different LabVIEW versions or RTE's installed on your computer.  I have been told that the problem likely comes up from continuously overwriting files in the shared folder when you upgrade LabVIEW.

I have seen this error go away from repairing the latest RTE.  I also had someone install the 7.1.1 RTE on their Windows 7 computer and that somehow fixed the issue (probably not recommended).  I'll see if I can find anything out this afternoon.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 3 of 21
(7,974 Views)

Back up and running now!

Thanks to a great NI AE!

The simple trick is to hit "Cancel" on that dialog and the set-up dialog behind it three times!  then LabVIEW 2014 sp1 appears to finalize launching and the GSW appears.

(Good Grief what a night!)  

Message 4 of 21
(7,962 Views)

As an example after rebooting and selecting LabVIEW 2014 from the start menu

WTFAgainOver.PNG

"Cancel - Cancel"

I get this:

WTFOve3r.PNG

Cancel Right...  Cancel left dialogs again and...

WTFOve4r.PNG

Cancel right dialog,.... Cancel left dialog for the third time and

....Wait for it....(Seriously it is "Not responding" select "Wait....."

Capturex.PNG

THEN "Quit" Skype

and "TA DA!"

Wow.PNG

Yeah.PNG

Message 5 of 21
(7,908 Views)

NI Please reference: Service Request #7453613

OK after rebooting and messing around for a day.

Regardless of any other software running the LV RTE installer launches 3 times during start-up of

LabVIEW 2014 SP1x32

LabVIEW 2013 SP1x32

LabVIEW 2012 SP1x32

LabVIEW Robotics 2014

I have a "never activated" beta IDE that I can't tell if this issue exists within

I only install x32 versions of LabVIEW

Oddly, the <LabVIEW> folders for 8.5, 8.6, 2010 and 2011 (Never had 2009 on this machine) no longer contain the files LabVIEW.exe, LabVIEW.ini, Readme.html or niwebsvr.conf.  I don't recall uninstalling them but have not used any of these versions for years.

MAX 14.5 Launches the LV 7.1.1 RTE installer once

TestStand 2014x32 2013x32 Opens fine but closing the LabVIEW Adaptor Configuration Dialog launches the LV 7.1.1 RTE installer once

attempting to launchTestStand 2012x32 crashes with the expected errors because of the current TS Engine installed

TestStand 2014x64 DOES NOT exhibit the same issue as the x32 version

DIAdem appears unaffected by the problem

Opening Vision Builder 2012sp1 2013 sp1 or 2014 Launches the LV 7.1.1 RTE installer once

LabWindows/CVI 2012 and 2013 Launch the LV 7.1.1 RTE installer three times while initializing

Licenses manager is fine

NIUpdate Service complains of a missing NiRioSrv.dll with a pop-up but works fine if the dialog is closed 

opening Analog Waveform editor, Digital Waveform editor, IO Trace, DETT, or any Soft Front Panel  Launches the LV 7.1.1 RTE installer once

So, this appear to be rather systemic.  Has anyone got a copy of the 7.1.1RTE installer? I'd like to try giving the sick beast what its asking for to see if that helps at all

EDIT http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-7.1.1/716/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(7,854 Views)

Hmm Instalation of RTE 7.1.1 failed " a higher version is installed"

The Browse option is looking for "runtimeeng.msi"

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(7,838 Views)

I (barely) remember about a version clash between 7.1. and 7.1.1 due to the fact that RTE 7.1.1 partially retained the 7.1 label. The result was that a sort of deadlock where you could not install a given RTE because of the other version, however you could not uninstall neither.

I don't really know if this is relevant for you: is RTE 7.1 installed in your computer? If yes, maybe uninstalling it could help.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 8 of 21
(7,818 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JÞB

Hooray!

I have recovered from this.  And yes, I'll tell you how so you can do it yourself if this happens to you:

From the Windows Control Panel select Programs and Features and then select National Instruments Software.

Scroll down to "LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1" and select Repair

You Will need the following:

• NI Device Drivers August 2014
  • C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Update Service\Installers\NI_20150630_0736
  • NI Developer Suite 2015 Software Reference Library
  • Patience

Message 9 of 21
(7,808 Views)

Which disk is the last item on?

Lynn

Message 10 of 21
(7,782 Views)