LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LabVIEW 2012 SP1

Hi,

I tried to install LabVIEW 2012 SP1 with FPGA and RT Modules and some Toolkits. I have installed previous version to my old XP machine without any problem, but now I got new Windows 7 machine.

During the install I see  many  error messages similar to this: "LabVIEW 2012 SP1 Platform DVD" "An error occurred while installing PID and Fuzzy Logic Toolkit..."

and finally "Insert Media... LabVIEW 2012 SP1 Platform DVD 2" "The specified folder does not contain the correct volume". To this I press Cancel.

Finally I got Installation Summary where "Not Installed" were "PID and Fuzzy...", "Simulation Interface Toolkit" and "Compilation Tools for FPGA..." and "Compilation Tools for Virtex-II...". Others were installed. I have tried to repair and reinstall without any help. Have anybody else seen similar situation? What should be done?

Seppo Rantala

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,665 Views)

AE contacted with the customer. Case solved!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,550 Views)

My AE wasn't as good as yours.  He didn't resolve the issue.

What was the fix for you?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,507 Views)

There were some different issues. The most serious one was that there were some missing folders in our file server for FPGA. I assumed that I can use 2012 folders instead. That was wrong idea.

It was not clear why I got "An error occurred while installing PID and Fuzzy Logic Toolkit" since it worked and is working fine. For "Simulation Interface Toolkit" it didn't add initialization to the Matlab. I don't know if it should do it automatically.

I have some suggestion to NI. They should make small program which check that the distribution is correct and nothing is missing. "An error occurred while installing..." should be more informative, like ....since file xxxx.yyy is missing, ....since no privilege to write to folder xxx.

Seppo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,479 Views)