LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Run Time engine question

Hi,

I am new to this and I am looking for information on how to set up a test system PC.

I have the 2014 developer software and one test seat but need to know how to install the labview 2014

runtime engine and anything else that I need in order to use this test system PC to run Labview and teststand

applications that I create with my development system PC...

Is there any tutorials or instructions out there that I can download that will tell me everything that I need to install and how on my target test system?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,238 Views)
There is a deployment utility that comes with TestStand. Have you tried that and read its help? You should be posting questions to the TestStand board - http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/bd-p/330. For LabVIEW itself, there are instructions on how to build an installer that should include all of the necessary components.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,217 Views)
There is a deployment utility that comes with TestStand. Have you tried that and read its help? You should be posting questions to the TestStand board - http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/bd-p/330. For LabVIEW itself, there are instructions on how to build an installer that should include all of the necessary components.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,215 Views)

There seems to be information on how to create an application and bundle the Lab view run time engine but I am only interested in setting up a test PC at the time with the run time engine and not making an application. Unfotunately, the help files don't cover this very well as far as I can tell...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,130 Views)

Just copying the code modules or test seqences from development to test system will not work. You have to follow the proper deployment process.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,120 Views)

the Installation instructions are on the Download Page

"

Installation Instructions

1. Close all NI software.
  2. Run the LVRTE2014_f1Patchstd.exe self-extracting executable and follow the prompts.
  3. Repeat these steps for all development systems where you want to install the LabVIEW 2014 Run-Time Engine (32-bit).

The installation files for the Run-Time Engine are automatically extracted to a directory on disk. The installer does not remove the files after installing, if you want to remove these files from disk, be sure to note their location during the unzipping process.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,118 Views)
Installing the LabVIEW runtime is just a small part. You also need the TestStand engine, licence, and your sequences.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,105 Views)