LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating a fft over a range of frequencies and plotting the output as a function of time

I got a signal from an antenna and sent it to the DSO. From the DSO, I sent the signal to SignalExpress and saved it on harddisk. This thing had to be done for 5 hours. The frequency at which i got the peak was 74MHz(which was desired). Now I want to integrate the total power in the bandwidth of the antenna. So I took the fft of the signal on labview and sent it to filter so as to remove the frequencies outside the bandwidth. Now, all i want to do is to integrate the power in the bandwidth and store it in a file as a function of time. Can somebody help me with this?

PS:I dont have an Integrator function in my toolkit(can it be downloaded?).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,896 Views)

Take a look here. But it is also easy to program such function. Just Google numerical Integration

Message Edited by t06afre on 03-19-2009 02:34 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 2 of 4
(2,892 Views)
I will try using that option. A bit busy these days, hence could not implement it yet. Another question. Is it possible to store the FFT of a signal as a function of time in a file? If i just send the output of FFT function to a file, would it be stored?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,861 Views)

If i just send the output of FFT function to a file, would it be stored?

I guess I don't understand the question.

A file stores whatever you write to it. 

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,840 Views)