LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intensity chart get image bug (LV 8.5.1)

Hello,

after previous troubles (here and here) with Intensity Chart I discovered another annoying bug.

When I take picture of an Intensity Chart that is not visible(is on not open page of Tab control) I don't get updated picture. It appears only if I update the Chart value through property node.

The only workaround I was able to develop was to defer panel updates ON->switch to page with the Chart(causes probably it's proper redraw)->switch back to original page->defer panel updates OFF

Could somebody verify the bug?

Just run the VI with page 1 selected and save the picture to file.

LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,364 Views)

The help for "get Image Method" says:

If a front panel is not visible, LabVIEW does not update the values in the objects on the front panel. If you call a VI whose front panel is not visible and you use the Get Image method to create an image of a front panel object, the image does not reflect any value changes that occurred when you ran the VI.

-> expected behaviour

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,340 Views)
Well, I have to strongly disagree. It works with all controls except for the intensity chart. Just replace the chart with intensity graph! For sure you have encountered situation when you had to save picture of front panel graph and to make more printer-friendly picture you made a copy of the frontpanel graph but with white background. In this sittuation you also do not show the control (the control that you take picture of is in the subVI) and it also works. I believe that this is not expected behaviour.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,331 Views)

I know, it works with other FP elements, however the help says it will not be updated....

Anyway it works well in LV8.6

Christian 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,311 Views)