LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to insert a separator bar into a ring control in Labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

It seems this can be done in Labwindows/CVI, can it be done in Labview? if possible, How? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,602 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Jiang

Hi David,

insert a "-" and you'll get a separator.

Mike

Message 2 of 7
(3,582 Views)

@MikeS81 wrote:

Hi David,

insert a "-" and you'll get a separator.

Mike

Thanks!  I never tried that!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,559 Views)

@David_Jiang wrote:

It seems this can be done in Labwindows/CVI, can it be done in Labview? if possible, How? Thanks.

Another poster who is apparently unaware of the LabVIEW help:

Adding Text Items in Ring Controls

Complete the following steps to add items to the list of items in a ring control.

1. Right-click the ring control and select Edit Items from the shortcut menu to display the Edit Items page of the Ring Properties dialog box.
  2. Double-click in an empty cell in the Items column and enter the string you want to display in the list of items for the ring control. You also can place the cursor in a cell that already contains a string, click the Insert button to create an empty row above the cell, and enter a string in the new cell.

Enter a hyphen (-) in an empty cell to create a separator in the list of items for the control.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,552 Views)

It seems that a "-" works once in an enumerated value too. Would it be usefule to other people to be able to have more than one in this type of control? I could see the use of it for orginization of states for a state machine, events or type defs.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,463 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

It seems that a "-" works once in an enumerated value too. Would it be usefule to other people to be able to have more than one in this type of control? I could see the use of it for orginization of states for a state machine, events or type defs.

I'ld be careful.  It is imposible to select enum - (seperator) but it HAS a value and IMHO it obfuscates code.  very limited potential to order a state machines states.

17287i249EDB2A1DC94AE3

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,448 Views)

Indeed, it would still be usefull to be able to add multiple separators in enum 😁

Message 7 of 7
(228 Views)