LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reset the data (as default value) at XNET READ output?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Context: I am working on project on which I have several devices with the same LIN address. I am communicating with them using a driven multiplexer to talk with them one after the other.

For this, I put the drive of the multiplexer and the writing+reading of LIN Frame in a loop.

It works pretty well except that when I remove on purpose a device, the output of XNET READ keeps the previous value (from the previous sensor in the sequence) and I cannot detect that there is a missing device.

Is there a way to reset the XNET READ output value to its default value (only zeros) ?

Note 1: I first used XNET signal single point and now Frame LIN but both ways do not reset value.

Edit: As on XNET READ (signal single-point) help, it says that data content is default value if no frame has been received since I have started the session, I have put a start and stop session into each loop, but it does not reset the XNET READ output value...

Thank you advance,,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(664 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TeraEngineer

Just to bring some news for ones who'd be interested:

• I didn't find a way to reset the default value
  • But I have made a timestamp check thanks to the use of Read "Signal XY" function: if timestamp of last Read function is the same as the previous one, it means that nothing new has been received, and I don't use this data.

I guess that even-trigger "mode" could also be used.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(618 Views)