LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a solution to disable a table but not its scrollbar?

Hello,

I am working with a table. I have disabled it by using property node (assigned '1' to the "disabled" input), because I don't want that the table can be changed in running mode.
So when my program is running, I can't change anything in my table. But the only that I want to be able to change is the vertical scrollbar.

That's why I wanted to know is anybody knows if this is possible not to disabled all the element of a table. In my case I only want to disable the cells of my table and I want to still be able to use the scrollbar.

Thank you,

Meach
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,360 Views)
have you tried just making it an indicator?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,359 Views)
No I didn't think about it.

It is a good idea, thank you Dennis.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,351 Views)

In my case LV 2021 table indicator still having a problem of disabling it will disabled the scrolling. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(269 Views)

Hi asvoria,

@asvoria wrote:

In my case LV 2021 table indicator still having a problem of disabling it will disabled the scrolling. 

So why do you use a table?

Why do you need to disable an indicator?

Please explain your use case so we can understand why you have to ask in an 16 year old thread...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(257 Views)

when you are in edit mode, disabled or 'disabled & greyedout' out appears to allow scrolling, but when executed, scrolling is not possible

the modus 'disabled' can be mimiced, by putting a decoration over the array - but not the scrollbar- and make the decoration transparent:

alexderjuengere_0-1705514734485.png

when executed in a while loop, yellow is left-click, red is right-click:

disable-scrollbar.gif

EDIT this can also be used with tables, which are glorified 2d string array

alexderjuengere_0-1705515621046.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(234 Views)