LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Cell Service Connection on SEA 9745

I am working with a SEA 9745 module on a cRIO and I am having issues with getting a consistent connection/registration to the AT&T cell network I have a SIM card for.  I have managed to get it connected a few times and I have sent two test messages and received two test messages with the module.  So I know the module and antennas work in addition to the PUK number I am providing to the example VIs is being accepted.

My issue is that I can't seem to get the module consistently registered on the cell network.  It is always telling me that I am having an antenna issue even though the few times I have had the drivers work it shows the signal strength on the antenna to be good.  I was able to get connected to the module via the web page configuration tool.  When I look at the RADIO tab I can see that it keeps trying to get connected.  It connects for a few seconds, but then losses connection.

If you have worked with this device or type of device I would appreciate some feedback on what you think is wrong if you have ran into this issue also.  I have sent an email to customer support, but the company is overseas and feedback is delayed.

Thank you for your help!!

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,143 Views)

Hi Joe,

Because NI did not make this product, we don't have any good resources to troubleshoot. Unless you hear back from another forum member, you will be better supported by S.E.A. I'm sorry that I cannot provide helpful resources.

All the Best,

Noah B. 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support

Noah B.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,115 Views)

Even though NI didn't make the product it would be nice if at least someone at NI was familiar enough with it to help solve issues with it.  S.E.A. is supposed to be Instrument Alliance Partner.

I have been working with S.E.A., but troubleshooting via email with overseas time differences is difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,104 Views)

Hi JoeWork,

I understand that troubleshooting can be difficult across many time zones.  I have searched through internal documents; however, I have not found any valuable troubleshooting steps for this module. Hopefully someone  who does have familiarity with this module will see will the tags and respond.

All the Best,

Noah B. 

Noah B.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,091 Views)