LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 3706A - How to program an iterative DMM measurement (isolation test)

Hello,

I am using a Keithley 3706A DMM/Switch system. I want to perform an isolation test, i.e. a two-wire ohm measurement of every pin on my connector to every other pin. Originally I was going to use the Keithley "scan" function using "channel patterns" but after a month of no sucess with that approach, I want to try the old fashioned iterative approach.

I want to test every pin to every other pin. What is the programming archetecture I should pursue? I am currently thinking I should use some kind of nested for-loop. 

So, pin 1 is tested against pins 2-42. THen it switches to pin 2 which is tested against pin 3-42, etc......

What is a general labview approach for acheiving this? 

Thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,746 Views)

I'd say your FOR loops are a good way to go.  Just leave a way for the user to abort (show the conditional terminal on the FOR loops and read a stop button inside of the inner loop).

The other option is to have a file with all of the connections listed and limits.  Read the file and then run through a single FOR loop that iterates through all of the connections you defined in the file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,738 Views)