cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key mark on the TDMS icon.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a question on explorer.

After making a TDMS file, I got to know some different display on icon.

Can you tell me the meaning of key on the icon?

and how to reproduce it on explorer (none icon -> keyed icon)?

Is it related to DataFinder (enclosed in NI Labview package) or defragment of TDMS?

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,703 Views)

Hi labmaster,

Do you have any idea how the icon comes up? TDMS doesn't attach this icon for the files. Do you have any permision setting on the file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,702 Views)

I just tried to generate or file copy (programatically) the tdms file.

In generating in my program, there was the key mark.

But in copying the tdms, no keymark.

I have never changed any windows permission, file property or copy in explorer.

However, I want to clarify this keymark.

labmaster.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,686 Views)

Hi labmaster,

Could you please try to run some simplest VI or the example of TDMS to geneated the simplest TDMS file and to see whether you have any "key mark" on the TDMS files? It seems you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, could you please let me know the version of your OS and LabVIEW?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,683 Views)

I used LV 2009 SP1 under Windows 7.

I checked the keyed file was generated just after defragment in TDMS.

labmaster. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,665 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labmaster

hi labmaster,

I have googled some ideas, the behavior should because of some security setting of Windows 7:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/why-do-some-of-the-icons-have-small...

When defragmenting TDMS files, actually we created a new file in temporary directory of your computer and then replace the original one with the new created one. And on Windows 7, the new created file is set as "private" after defragment when you logging as Administrator, and other non administrator users cannot access this file on Windows 7. I tested this on my own Windows 7 machine. It should be no problem if you always play it around when logging as Administrator.

Message 6 of 6
(2,643 Views)