LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED status is not change,during RS232 detection.

hello,

I am having a problem during RS232 cable detection ,i have put one LED on my front pannel its ON when RS 232 is connected and Will be OFF when Rs232 is not connected.

but in my case its status seem on always even RS232 is not connected.

will you please guaide me that which types of problem should be possible for this error,I am first time dealing with modubus.

here in attachment i have attached my screen shot even my vi.

please guide me.

thank you very much in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 46
(3,369 Views)

Is it off when connected?

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 2 of 46
(3,349 Views)

Thanks for reply...

no its still on,even it connected or not.

or can you tell me that is there any changes i have to do in Ni-Max.??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 46
(3,345 Views)

Hi Ankit,

Are you talking about the "No error" led? It looks like you are checking the error status and and displaying it after the not gate. So if there is no error, this LED will always be on.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 46
(3,317 Views)

thank you.

thats true when there is no error then LED should be on,but in my case even there is error ,LED is still on.

thats why i m confused.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 46
(3,302 Views)

Sorry I made a mistake in my previous statement. I meant that if there is an error the LED will be on. The output of status with error is FALSE. Since u are giving it through not gate, it will be true. You should probably check why you are getting an error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 46
(3,298 Views)

thanks for reply,

ya thats what i m looking for .is any kind of changes we have to do for modbus??

because i really dont have any idea how to deal woth modbus.

can you please tell me that what kind of general setting we have to do during dealing with modbus with RS232 cable.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 46
(3,281 Views)

I am still facing same problem ,even  comport setting is also not making any sence because i have connected RS232 at com 6,but if in vi i give com5 or com 18 ,instead of com 6 even though LED is On meas no Error.,but when i make com empty then atleast it seems error means LED off.

In my main vi i used Modbus in several subvi ,so is there any thing related to this.

Please guide me.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 46
(3,238 Views)

Hello,

I am still working on same problem regarding to RS232.

We are testing the light guard for that we have design light guard manager software,when RS232 is connected then and then we can able to communication with that software in that software everything is fine if rs232 is not connected then its give time out error and when its connected then everything is working fine.

I have to make one functioning LED to check RS232 connection status in labview front penal and when RS232 is connected then LED status should be green (ON) and when its not connected then it shoud be off. But i got problem regarding to that LED status is always be ON even RS232 is not connected and also I have connected RS232 at port 6 but whatever port number I give even though its working fine if I give port 256 even its not in my computer ,even though its doesnt shows any error.

Can you please guide me that what possible mistake I am making and how to correct it.

Here in attachment I have attaché my RS232 vi.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 46
(3,195 Views)

Hi,

You could read the error code from the error string and compare it to a known constant, in this case the code for serial timeout. Then simply turn on the front panel LED if the codes match.

-CC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 46
(3,168 Views)