LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVBtw not found on PDA Dell Axim X51

Aloha!

I am developing software to communicate with a portable instrument. The software runs on a PDA, and I am using LabView for PDA (8.01). I currently have 3 diffferent PDAs for testing purposes:

- Dell Axim X30 with windows mobile 2003 2nd edition
- Dell Axim X51 with windows mobile 5.0
- HP iPAQ hx2490b with windows mobile 5.0

My program communicates with the instrument over a bluetooth connection. I now have the following behavior on the 3 different PDAs:

- HP iPAQ: everything works
- Dell Axim X30: program starts, communicates with the instrument, crashes (earlier versions of the program still run though, I must have done something that this specific PDA doesn't like)
- Dell Axim X51: when I want to start the program, a dialog pops up telling my that this program is not digitally signed and do I really want to continue? If I tell windows to continue, I get the error message "LVBtw.dll not found", and the program crashes.

Can anybody give me a hint as to what is going wrong on the Axim X51? I have both my .exe and the LVBtw.dll stored on the SD card of the PDAs, in the same directory. On the X51 I also tried installing it in the program files directory, to no avail.

cheers
  Martin

Message Edited by Martin Fierz on 02-23-2007 05:44 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,450 Views)
After browsing a bit I seem to have found the answer to my own question. Just for reference purposes: LV for PDA requires the widcomm bluetooth stack and will not work with the MS bluetooth stack. Dell "upgraded" to the MS BT stack on the Axim X51, which is why it isn't working there any more. For those who want to use LabView for PDA with bluetooth, the HP iPAQ seems a must.

cheers
  Martin
Message 2 of 3
(5,446 Views)

Hi Martin:

I am recently working on a LABVIEW project on PDA via Bluetooth communication. I used Dell last week and it doesn't work. I thx for your message post to change the PDA to iPAQ. However, I still cannot detect signals from a bluetooth device, that is a Bluetooth pulse oximetry. I want to know some details of your project, which bluetooth device u used in your project? Can it really detect signal in iPAQ?

Thx.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,428 Views)