LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2019 C API Clusters

I have a labview VI that has clusters which contain elements that can be written to and read from. After launching the C API generator and looking at the code in C++, I would like to know if there is a way to bundle and unbundle these clusters in order to write and read these cluster's elements. This cluster function in C API software side is a new feature with LabVIEW 2019. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,028 Views)

I don't think they added anything like a C API Generator in LabVIEW 2019. So I assume what you mean is simply the Call Library Node and then right clicking on it to create a compatible .c file with the correct protocotype. Please explain what is not clear about that.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,966 Views)

Right clicking my VI allows me the option to generate a C API which I can then use to create cpp files and manipulate and utilize my labview via C++ in a software manner (useful for wanting to utilize labview functions on a Linux platform). The ability to view clusters from this generated API is what is new for 2019. From this C++ code I would like to unbundle/bundle clusters and read/write to and from them. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,957 Views)