LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW CLD hotkeys

Solved!
Go to solution

I read that we can't use hotkeys on the LabVIEW CLD.  Is that true?  No Ctrl+Space for quick drop and no Ctrl+U for cleanup?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(277 Views)

As far as I remember, that is totally false.

Maybe someone who passed the CLD recently could confirm.

EDIT : I just read the notes on NI site, either the rules have changed, either they mention hotkeys outside of LabVIEW ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(272 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UnholyPenguin

Depending on the method used for the exam, it could be that this is a technical limitation, rather than them meaning to restrict your programming abilities.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/Shortcuts-Quick-drop-during-remote-exam-PSI/td-p/4054968

In this thread they are talking about how taking a CLD exam inside of a browser window means that several hotkeys don't work simply because the browser is either blocking them or executing them itself instead of passing them to the embedded system inside the browser tab.

Message 3 of 5
(225 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

Depending on the method used for the exam, it could be that this is a technical limitation, rather than them meaning to restrict your programming abilities.

That's the right answer for the remote exam. I took my last CLD exam during COVID times and it was miserable. Having someone on the other end staring at my face and yelling at me and threatening to fail me any time I moved my hand up to scratch my nose... all while dealing with keyboard shortcuts not working correctly and latency from connecting to a remote system. I passed, but it was a very annoying experience.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(207 Views)

My proctor was barely coherent due to how much static was on his mic.  Then he asked me if I was allowed to "read all of these files" 10 minutes in...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(54 Views)