cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW NXG 5.0 Hardware Issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I've recently downloaded the NXG 5.0 Community Edition to hopefully better learn Web Modules. I'm mostly familiar with LabVIEW 2018 and have had success communicating with hardware. I've also used NXG 4.0 and had no issues with hardware.

With NXG 5.0, I've plugged my hardware into the USB port (cDAQ-9174 with 9210 Temperature Module) and opened up the NXG hardware template. In NXG 4.0, the hardware will populate and you can create an analog task on the right hand side. With 5.0, I'm not seeing anything to create a task. Now, maybe its my ignorance and NXG 5.0 works differently and I'm unaware of it with my basic knowledge. I guess that's why I'm here.

It detects my hardware, I can self test which comes back with a connection, I can see and test within Ni MAX, and I haven't had any issues with regular LabVIEW. If I hover over the grayed out "Example Programs" dialog box, it tells me to "install drivers to enable example programs." I have the most recent DAQ-mx driver installed and I'm unaware of any other driver needed. I checked supported hardware and all of these are on the list.

Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? Or am I just using outdated knowledge and there's a different way to go about creating tasks?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,101 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kbement93

Please read my post. There is no driver support on LabVIEW Community Edition.

Hardware Drivers for LabVIEW Community Edition - NI Community

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Hardware-Drivers-for-LabVIEW-Community-Edition/td-p/4044421

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
Message 2 of 3
(2,055 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to wonder if that was the case.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,016 Views)