LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and display 4K (3840x2160)

Hello,

I've impression that LabVIEW doesn't properly manage the 4K displays (3840x2160).

Whereas some features looks more rough than on ordinary displays (e.g. Block Diagram or Front Panel), on MAX interface the details are quasi unreadable.

Does exist some workaround ?

Thanks.

display_4K.JPG

Message 1 of 5
(5,698 Views)

No. LabVIEW does not play well with the 'display scaling' Windows Options which are pretty much a necessity with high resolution displays. The only way to 'fix' LabVIEW/NI applications is to set the display scaling to 100%, but this will likely make most things unreadable on such a high resolution display. It's either that or use a lower resolution / larger display.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,678 Views)

In new Laptops with insane (4K) resolutions running Windows 8, I deliberately set the Screen Resolution to "half".  Since I'm not watching movies (but rather doing LabVIEW development, document preparation, etc.), not only do I get reasonable-size icons big enough to view, but these sort of display problems vanish.

Plus if I should ever need the higher resolution, Control Panel beckons ...

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 5
(5,669 Views)

Yeah I think the post is misleading, this isn't a failing of LabVIEW or NI, this is just what you get when you have crazy high resolution monitors.  I suspect every program has this issue, where if you set the window to the native resolution, then everything is going to be tiny, or you have virtual resolutions, where things get distorted.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,662 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Yeah I think the post is misleading, this isn't a failing of LabVIEW or NI, this is just what you get when you have crazy high resolution monitors.  I suspect every program has this issue, where if you set the window to the native resolution, then everything is going to be tiny, or you have virtual resolutions, where things get distorted.

What is strange in this issue is different LabVIEW components deal differently with high-resolution monitors:

• LabVIEW startup, Block Diagram and Front Panel seem to "make thicker" the objects they contain
  • MAX seems to "comress" the object it contains.

While the 2nd point looks comprehensible, the 1st seems odd.

Message 5 of 5
(5,654 Views)