LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW (and other NI software products) Roadmap 2023 Q1

Starting a new thread with an updated roadmap.

I'm happy to announce NI has published the next iteration of our software roadmaps.  I'm attaching a copy to this thread.  Additionally, here is a link that should also work: https://www.ni.com/content/dam/web/pdfs/test-workflow-roadmap.pdf

For this version of the roadmap, we started adding some views to show work that had been completed in the current iteration, since this was requested information from the feedback we collected on our prior roadmaps.  We kept both the combined product roadmaps and the "interactive" feedback from prior roadmap views.  As a reminder, if you use the interactive feedback, you do not have to provide feedback on every item. If an item on the roadmap doesn't impact you, you can just skip it.  We also had a number of requests to meet more of the people behind the roadmaps so we added a few more faces and brief bios to this edition. 

Finally, we once again hosted this roadmap and links to the survey directly on both the Test Workflow product page, and the LabVIEW product page on ni.com.

We look forward to seeing your feedback and working with you to continue updating these roadmaps.

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
Message 1 of 26
(7,684 Views)

I might just be missing it but I don't see the survey or anything interactive about the roadmap. I see the PDF link though. Perhaps it's getting blocked in my browser or something. Where should the survey link be?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(7,550 Views)

In the last version, there is one term, 'Dynamically create controls at runtime'. 

Why delete it?

Message 3 of 26
(7,502 Views)

Bert,

We added the survey link directly into the PDF.  Its in this section on the roadmap:

EricR_0-1681481991782.png

This is the direct URL link that clicking that "Take the Survey" button links to: https://survey.ni.com/jfe/form/SV_9oGjiLIKqpqSP0q

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(7,427 Views)

It was a feature that was in LabVIEW NXG that augmented some of the runtime workflows.  Originally our intention was to bring this feature into LabVIEW as well.  Its still possible that we would do this at some point, but so far in our surveys and user engagements, it hasn't come up as being something that impactful so we have removed it from our near-term roadmap in favor of other work that users were asking us for.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(7,420 Views)

Thanks Eric, I was looking for it on the website.

I'm sad to see dynamically created controls is gone as well. I'm hoping the Datagrid control scratches that itch somewhat.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(7,397 Views)

Thanks,  Eric.

On the contrary to "Wife's wiser", the users are not always right. 

🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(7,342 Views)

The roadmap shows that "Driver version independence from LabVIEW" is complete but the table here: https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/22/extending-compatibility-between-labvi... shows that not all drivers support independence. The NI updates on this topic has been very misleading for end users and doesn't give a good idea of when the whole driver suite would be independent. Any updates on this topic that can provide some clarity?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(6,570 Views)

you must learn the basics of marketing and how multibillionz multinationalz managerz operate

Message 9 of 26
(5,733 Views)

@Konan__ wrote:

you must learn the basics of marketing and how multibillionz multinationalz managerz operate

Most of us already understand this.  We just don't like it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 10 of 26
(5,712 Views)