Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW8.5とWindows11の互換性について

Solved!
Go to solution

お世話になっております。

LabVIEW8.5を使用していたPCが故障し,起動できなくなったので購入を検討しています。

現在使用しているのはLabVIEWプロフェッショナル開発システム8.5のNI DEVELOPER SUITE, FEB 2008 EDITION, JAPANESEで、まだPCは購入していないのですがOSはWindows 11 Pro 64bitとなる予定です。

下記のリンク先ではそこまで古いバージョンについての言及がありませんでしたが,Windows11で古いバージョンのLabVIEWを使用することは難しいでしょうか。

また、Windows10では使用できるかについても教えていただけるとありがたいです。

https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/compatibility/17/labview-and-microsoft-windows-compatibi... 

よろしくお願いいたします。

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(217 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author moriTK

The lowest version which I've ever used on Window 11 was LabVIEW 7.1 with some minimal troubles, so in theory this should work with 8.5, but this is officially not supported combination.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(207 Views)
Solution

At least on Windows it also depends on what you try to install. LabVIEW Core is almost never a serious problem even if you try to install outrageous out of sync versions. Minor installation hiccups that need some semi-advanced Google foo may occur. 😀

Any hardware drivers such as DAQmx, NI-VISA and similar are a lot more tricky and usually require an up to date version for the system in question, to install and work properly. And those driver installers do only support LabVIEW versions that are at most 4 years older than the driver is. so if you want to use any NI hardware from your program, labVIEW 8.5 is definitely a major challenge to get going properly.

Toolkits are a bit in between the two. If they are VI only based they work usually fine on the same version as what LabVIEW could be installed on. If the contain binary components it can work or it won’t.

Whatever you do with such version mismatches,, it is unsupported! Meaning if it works that’s great for you. If it doesn’t don’t expect support to make it work. Everybody will point you to the version support matrix and tell you that it is not supported.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(174 Views)
Solution

@rolfk wrote:

At least on Windows it also depends on what you try to install. LabVIEW Core is almost never a serious problem even if you try to install outrageous out of sync versions. Minor installation hiccups that need some semi-advanced Google foo may occur. 😀

Any hardware drivers such as DAQmx, NI-VISA and similar are a lot more tricky and usually require an up to date version for the system in question, to install and work properly.

This is perfectly true, I remember that to achjieve this, I have had "functional" installation on Window XP side by side, then get it on the modern Windows with some manual copies, etc, it was a very very hard to get DAQmx running.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(152 Views)