LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEWCLI Without Dialogs

I am trying to make some tooling for a CI server.

The way I have approached is that I have a VI which performs all of my CI actions which will be called by the CI server.

I was planning on running it using LabVIEWCLI. This is failing though because I am getting all of the LabVIEW dialogs which are blocking.

I am pretty sure I have read articles in the past on how to get around this I just can't find them any where. Any a advice would be appreciated,.

Slightly more context. Currently I have been using G CLI to perform some tasks, but I needed a bit more functionality (I have made a tool for automatic documentation for example). I know I can build my own G CLI addon but as far as I can tell that requires me to create a VIPM package which is a little clunky.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(94 Views)

Are you just using the "RunVI" operation in LabVIEW CLI, or did you create your own operation for your specific VI you are running?

If you are just using the out of the box RunVI, did you follow these instructions to create your VI that runs.

ShockHouse_0-1713449088058.png

Otherwise, what LabVIEW dialogs are you getting that is blocking? I've been able to use LabVIEWCLI successfully with built in operations, or custom ones I've created without issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(82 Views)