LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView [7.1] crashing (BadLength)

Using Labview 7.1 [on solaris]...getting an odd error and then Labview crashes.

BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)

opcode: 4

It is not a consistent error, but happens a lot with this new application which is not doing anything special compared with other existing applications.

Message Edited by wolf337 on 11-06-2009 10:30 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,308 Views)

It's a while since I worked on Sun/Solaris, so I may be completely wrong, but here goes...

It sounds like an error from the X Windows library, rather than LabView itself. Assuming that all is OK in the developement environment, try simplifying the front panel. Is there perhaps someting on it that your other working apps don't use? I've seen X errors happening as a result of (in C code) calling thrm with bad arguments, or by something that uses too much memory. Also try quitting any other windowing apps that you don't need (closing is insufficient).

If the window fails to appear at all, it may be a permissions problem. If you are displaying the window remotely, do an "xhost +" on the remote system.

Rod.

Note: Solaris/SunOS "close" means closing to an icon, a bit like Windows minimise.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,291 Views)

Well, I guess I cannot disagree with that analysis, but that doesn't give me a solution.  I had several xterminals open, but that was it besides the Labview VI...and a full up environment would have had an additonal Labview sessions besides that.

Again, not a consistent failure.  After the crash and restarting again would work...no changes in other active applications.  So, short answer is, there is no fix and/or workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,283 Views)