LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView tools to process and display video?

I'm starting a project that will digitize a non-standard video signal from a microscope using a 6115 DAQ board, and I want to display it at the full frame rate of 1  frame per second at 1024x1024.

Some experimentation shows that just dumping the data into a standard Picture structure won't even get close the the 1 second frame rate.

What toolset will I need to get hardware-accellerated video display?  Will IMAQ Vision do the job?  Which VIs?

I've thought about using the "textures" in 3-D picture controls to put the video on top of a cube, but that seems a bit hacky.  But it should get me OpenGL accellerated video, I assume.

I will also have to overlay the video with relatively static image, do frame averaging, contrast enhancement, etc.

Dan Bodoh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,110 Views)
Hi, Dan,

First I would like to recommend this topic about picture control.
You can do it with IMAQ Vision as well. With IMAQ Vision you can get much higher fps (for example, 30 fps for grayscale 1000x1000). With IMAQ Vision you can perform also imageprocessing (averaging, enhancement, etc)

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,091 Views)

Hello All,

I would like to try and bring video from a digitizer into my computer via USB. I would like to display the video that I get in from the digitizer in a specific LabVIEW GUI. Any thoughts, ideas, hints?

Thanks for your time.

-Daniel

Message 3 of 4
(2,857 Views)

Hi Daniel,

It looks like this thread has been closed for a while, and your post isn't really related to the topic thread. You will have better luck if you start a new thread with your topic.

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 4 of 4
(2,827 Views)